How We Solve Birmingham Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Here in Birmingham we have a host of animals that can be a nuissance to your home. If left unchecheck these problems can get costly. We deal with many animal species including snakes, raccoons, bats, mice, armadillos, birds, beavers and more. Mice cause costly damage when left untreated so give us a call before it gets out of hand.
We deal with your wildlife issues in a friendly and timely manner. We service all of Birmingham AL and surrounding areas including Jefferson County. We also serve surrounding towns such as Hoover
, Vestavia Hills
, Bessemer, Homewood, Pelham, Trussville, Mountain Brook, Helena, Center Point, Hueytown, Talladega, Cullman, Jasper,
Gardendale, Calera, Sylacauga, Moody, Irondale, Leeds, and more. We are here to take care of your wildlife and pest removal issues.
To learn more about our services, visit the Birmingham wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How to get rid of squirrels out of the attic
How many times have you been sat in your bed at night and heard a scampering noise from above your head? It could be that you have squirrels in your attic. In actual fact, it could be that you have any number of animals in your attic, animals that you will have to get rid of properly to ensure that you have no other concerns or problems.
It is not just the noise that will annoy you and cause problems – squirrels nibble and this could cause a whole range of other issues. That electrical wiring that you have up in the attic – they could nibble through that. The possessions that you have in boxes up there – they could nibble those too! Even your rafters and insulation isn’t safe with these little critters around, which is why you need to make an active effort to get rid of them properly.
There are a number of ways that you can get rid of squirrels in the attic, and one of the most universally used is the trap. Of course, this will come with other problems by itself such as finding the right trap, in the right size, which will humanely remove the squirrel from your home with no other problems. However, what if the squirrel that you have caught is a mother squirrel? You will have the babies to think about. You can’t just leave them up there – they will starve without the food from their mother, and then you will have decomposing babies, attracting other rodents and creating a smell that most people just would not be able to handle. That is before you even begin to think about how long and drawn out this death will be.
Another method that a lot of people turn to when they want to try and get rid of squirrels from the attic is to use a strobe light. The light will create a powerful beam that the squirrels sensitive eyes will not be able to cope with. This method could technically drive the creatures away naturally, but at the same time, you will need to buy an effective strobe light that works, and have the patience needed to allow this to work.
A professional is often thought of as the best way to get rid of squirrels from the attic, simply because they will have all of the information necessary in order to get rid of the animals effectively. There is the problem of getting rid of the animal, blocking the holes that they used to come in and out of your home, and even releasing the animal back into the wild so it can live a long and healthy life away from your home. Without blocking up the holes, (which many people do not even think about) you are running the risk of the squirrels coming back, or even worse, other animals such as rats and mice, which again will cause dramatic problems that you will need to deal with eventually.
Other Birmingham animal pest control topics:
How to repel moles
Pigeons in the attic
How to kill snakes
Will Birmingham Animal Services Help Me with a Wild Animal Issue?
What to do About a Squirrel in the Fireplace?